The footpower clinic specialises in tailored and innovative solutions. There are some unique solutions on offer, and footpower practitioners think “outside the square” when it comes to providing remedies to patients experiencing pain and discomfort. Contact your local footpower practitioner to arrange your first appointment.
Home visits available to clients in which circumstances make it difficult to visit the Foot Power clinic.
To find out about costs associated with home visits, visit the Foot Power FAQ.
What to expect at your first appointment
First consultations provide an opportunity to examine your feet in the context of your lifestyle. To help assess your condition thoroughly and provide the best possible solution, it is a good idea to bring to your first appointment:
- Samples of your current worn footwear
- Any doctor’s referrals, reports, scans or x-rays relating to your feet, ankle, leg or hips
- Any orthoses you may have previously been prescribed, or have worn
- A list of questions or issues you would particularly like to cover
At your first appointment a footpower practitioner will:
- Ask you about your lifestyle and types of activities you undertake, to get an understanding of your particular needs and preferences
- Perform a range of assessments designed to analyse your individual requirements, including an emphiric gait analysis
- Ask about past problems with your feet or related pain
- Provide advice, options and expert recommendation as to the best solutions for your particular condition
- Discuss funding options that may be available to you
Comprehensive Sports Shoe Assessment
The footpower clinic offers a unique and brand independent selection of the most suitable sports shoe for your particular foot. Using sophisticated computerised technology, your foot running and walking style, flexibility and other personal data will be assessed and a list of recommended shoe brands and models generated, that is specific to your foot and your individual requirements.